Booking Terms and Conditions
If you make a booking or reservation with us, it is deemed that you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions, and that you agree to comply with them.
- Any deposit paid is non-returnable, within 6 calendar months of the start date of the holiday. IF we can rebook the dates after the 6 month cutoff, the deposit will be returned minus an administration fee of £25.
- Any balance owing must be paid no less than 6 weeks before the start of the booked holiday. If the balance is not paid, the booking will be deemed to be cancelled, and you will be notified in writing.
- In certain cases, a bond may be levied prior to the commencement of the holiday. This will be returned upon a satisfactory inspection of the property upon vacation. If all or part of the bond is withheld, you will be notified in writing with reasons given.
- If we have to cancel the booking due to circumstances beyond our control, e.g. fire, we will refund any payments made by you in full. We will not be liable for any further costs incurred by yourselves.
- If you do not arrive, or stay for less than the booked number of days, no refund or partial refund can be given.
- No refunds will be given for any cancellation within 6 weeks of the holiday start date. If we do manage to resell the dates, you will be refunded the amount we have resold for, minus your deposit and any commission charges.
- We do not provide or sell holiday or travel insurance, but strongly advise that guests take out their own insurance.
- All our properties are advertised with a maximum number of occupants. For fire-safety and insurance purposes, this number is not to be exceeded.
- Only guests booked into the property are permitted to be on the premises.
- The arrival time for all our properties is from 4:00 pm on the first day of the holiday, and all properties must be vacated by 09:00 am on the final day. (10:00 if you have booked directly with ourselves)
- Smoking is not allowed in any of our properties. Failure to adhere to this rule will invalidate our insurance, and any damage caused, including burn marks or lingering odours, will be charged. If smoking outside, cigarette butts and ash must be cleared away.
- Magpie, Mallard and Caedmon's Rest properties do not take pets of any kind. If it is found that pets have been brought into these properties, you may be charged a specialist cleaner fee.
- Certain of our properties allow up to 2 house-trained dogs. If you bring a dog /dogs, you are responsible for any damage or mess caused. This includes to the garden and external areas of the property.
- No other kind of pets or animals are allowed.
- Dogs are not to be allowed on beds. Towels provided for human use are not to be used as dog bedding or to dry dogs with. If bedding or textiles are damaged or excessively dirty, you may be charged a replacement fee.
- Even if a property is advertised as not taking dogs, by law we have to accept Registered Assistance Dogs. Therefore, we cannot guarantee a property to be allergen free, and cannot take responsibility for suffering caused by such allergens.
- WiFi is available free of charge, for reasonable and responsible use by guests. You are responsible for ensuring it is used in a safe and appropriate way. Any attempt by visitors to alter the settings of the router may result in a charge for a technician.
- We cannot and do not provide a guarantee of level of service or continuity of service. We are not responsible for any lack of service caused by issues outside our control.
- Any damage caused by the occupants of the property, or guests at the property, are the responsibility of the person making the booking. If the person who makes the booking invites others to stay at the property, the responsibility still lies with the person who made the booking.
- You and your guests must treat the property, its contents and external areas with consideration. Any damages or breakages must be notified to us, and the cost of repair or replacement met by yourselves.
- If you or your guests behave in a manner which causes offence, such as anti-social behaviour, you will be deemed to have broken the terms of the contract and your holiday will terminate, requiring you to vacate the property.
- If you have any issues or problems with the property, you must inform us immediately, so that we can take appropriate action during your stay.
- You agree to allow ourselves or our representative (e.g. registered trades) reasonable access to the property during your stay. This will only be when needing to effect necessary repairs to your or adjoining cottages or services. Every attempt will be made to contact yourselves and agree a reasonable time, except in case of extreme emergency.
Electric Vehicle Charging:
- At this time, we do not have Electric Vehicle Charging points. The use of Domestic Chargers ('granny chargers' or 'trickle chargers') or any kind of extension lead is expressly forbidden at our properties.
- We do not have external sockets on any of our properties, and leaving a window or door open in order to pass a charging cable through is expressly forbidden at our properties.
Airy Hill Cottages
C/O VFGC, Guisborough Road, Whitby, North Yorkshire. YO21 1TL
Registration No: 04917198 VAT Registration No: 828550121